Offering a unique perspective of the world while promoting equal rights and democracy. Also known in some circles as pushing the Gay & Lesbian Liberal Agenda.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Now a Word From Armistead


Recently Armistead Maupin commented about what he has referred to as a "cup burning" - the pulling of that homo agenda promoting Starbucks grande cup at Baylor University.(Southern Voice)
In the quotation, which was part of Starbucks'’ "“The Way I See It Campaign,"” Maupin said, "“My only regret about being gay is that I repressed it so long. I surrendered my youth to the people I feared when I could have been out there loving someone. Don’t make that mistake yourself. Life'’s too damn short."
The conservative Concerned Women for America reacted to the quotation in an Aug. 10 column by Meghan Kleppinger that called for a boycott because the popular coffee was "supporting the homosexual agenda."”
"“The great irony by this imaginary cup burning is that it has given [the quotation] far more publicity than it would have ever received,"” Maupin said in an interview this week. "“Every gay student at Baylor has seen that quote, and I'’m very glad for it."”


For good measure, let's all read his Tales of the City series in honor of banned books week! You can't tell me they never made the list.

P.S. Baylor University recently received the #3 position on the top 20 worst colleges for gay publishedlist puplished by the Princeton Review.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home