Offering a unique perspective of the world while promoting equal rights and democracy. Also known in some circles as pushing the Gay & Lesbian Liberal Agenda.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Sandra Bernhard is Funny.


According to PageOneQ, she wowed them at the Pacific Northwest's HRC dinner last night:
In an imagined conversation with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Bernhard jokingly "outed" the nation's first female African-American to hold the post:

"Sandra, I'm just feeling so isolated," confided Sandra's Rice. "I'm gay, I'm black, I'm a woman."

On Barbara Bush, the former first lady, Bernhard said:

"Barbara Bush has her finger on the pulse of America. I'm so glad she's back and more compassionate than ever, that's right, of course people just sat around New Orleans, boring, uninspired, soulless New Orleans, and dreamed of someday relocating to the Astrodome. 'Oh, dear lord, if only I could leave my unhappy existence and head on up to wonderful Houston and live with my friends side by side in a spacious football stadium, my life would be so much richer and complete."

Of the war in Iraq, she said:

"Everyone is so busy waiting for Amy Grant to come to their town with her three wishes, they managed to forget about all the pain and heartache."

Bernhard also mentioned Vice President Dick Cheney, albeit briefly:

"He's just mean."


I just adore stand-up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home