Offering a unique perspective of the world while promoting equal rights and democracy. Also known in some circles as pushing the Gay & Lesbian Liberal Agenda.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Isn't it Dark in There?

Tuesday marks National Coming Out day - events are scheduled nationwide tomorrow and throughout the week.
College campuses are taking the lead - read up:

University of Mississippi senate votes to recognize NCOD.
Rutgers is having a Sex Toy Party.
Street theatre performances at Purdue.
Syracuse students are planning to build a "rainbow bridge" across the quad.

There is a great history and timeline here, via the HRC. They also have ads appearing on LOGO with Tom, the Token Gay Friend. On the HRC site you can choice an adventure with Tom and get tips for talking about equality.

I just need to decide who to come out to tomorrow. I've made a point of telling someone new each year - often times it is a stranger because I'm out to all of my friends, family and co-workers. Last year was great fun because I was able to spread good cheer at my 20th high school reunion. Now that was fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home