Offering a unique perspective of the world while promoting equal rights and democracy. Also known in some circles as pushing the Gay & Lesbian Liberal Agenda.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Just Don't Go There


I don't know how everyone else feels - except Pam, of course - but I just don't think I'd make it a habit to dis Oprah. Let us post the reasons, shall we?

Oprah Heads Celebrity Power List (The Seoul Times)

Oprah Winfrey is the nation's best girlfriend. (Houston Chronicle)

Oprah gives tipsters $100,000 for helping to capture sex offender. (Houston Chronicle)

Powershift from Murrow to Oprah (Newsday)

On a personal note: I like Oprah. I think she is perhaps the most powerful person in America. I will also confess that I'm not 100% sure where she actually stands regarding equal rights for gays and lesbians. Yes, she's tolerant. Yes, she refers to partners as spouses (LifeSite really loves that about her). Yes, she covers gay issues. Yes, she's producing The Color Purple on Broadway. I stand to be corrected (and hope I am), but I haven't heard her stand up and tell the masses we should be allowed to get married and receive the same rights as her straight viewers. She could do more for equality in 10 minutes than all the activists in the world could do in 10 years. Come on, Oprah. What are you waiting on?

2 Comments:

Blogger Cincy Diva said...

I think she's for it. Didn't she put up a reward when her gay designer friend lost his partner in the tsunami? I do agree that if she would speak out. she'd get a lot of fence sitters thinking.

12:48 PM

 
Blogger Blue Gal said...

Oprah's influence on our society is a little too much. Blue Gal laughed at The Onion after 9/11: "Oprah fans await instructions." We can all think (and pick out a damn book to read) for ourselves, ladies. That said, she does not seem homophobic to me. And the pro-life website is hilarious. CFAV should check 'em out for source material. P.S. Wow, Blue Gal is being asked to type in "smut va" as word verification. Love it!

8:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home