Offering a unique perspective of the world while promoting equal rights and democracy. Also known in some circles as pushing the Gay & Lesbian Liberal Agenda.

Friday, May 05, 2006

American Eskimo


This American Eskimo dog is smart, eager to please and very amenable to training; responding especially well to positive reinforcement


Okay, so Kathy is trying to test me. The above is from one of my articles - have you tried the "positive reinforcement" route?


And the answer to your question? I will admit we have two Chesapeake Bay Retrievers that I adore. But I've learned that Cockadoodles make wonderful pets.

Check out the Black Russian Terrier and the Shiloh Shepherd. They would be my choice in the "big girl" group.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

We have tried positive reinforcement, and it works beautifully in most cases with our Eskie. Unfortunately, she has a real aversion to being watched when she does her business, so she can be very sneaky about it. It's hard to catch her in the act.

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers are so beautiful -- and sweet. Do you have pictures of your babies that you would post? I'd love to see them.

11:15 PM

 
Blogger Dogex99 said...

Excellent blog and thanks for the opportunity to share my thoughts here. I also love dogs and I decided to put together a website dedicated to dog training. However, I am actually trying to offer both some general tips for training your dog and some breed-specific training techniques. I believe each dog breed is slightly different and thus requires an adaptation of the standard dog training methods, to suit the breed’s behavioral patterns and genetic predispositions.

This is why I believe there is quite a bit of difference between Teddy Roosevelt Terrier training and Utonagan dog training. Or between Xoloitzcuintle training and Wetterhoun training. Each breed has its own distinct personality, and an independent breed like the husky will be different when it comes to obedience training than a bulldog or a ridgeback.

There are hundreds of dog breeds I wish to cover and I am only half way through, but I hope to turn my site in the best dog training resource on the Internet quite soon.

An excellent day to everyone reading this!

Michael R.
Webmaster – expert dog training advice at www.expert-dog-training.com

9:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home